Thursday, April 10, 2014

Forward Movement: #ProjectPhD

Over these past few weeks, I've noticed that's hard for me to focus on school when my life is in shambles...well maybe I'm over-exaggerating a little. My home has to be clean (laundry done, dishes washed, bed made, trash dumped), groceries have to be in my fridge, car has to be washed and clean, I have to be in shape, and my finances must be taken care of...to name a few :) Only then am I able to sit down and focus on research, smh, but I'm currently there now. I had lunch today with one of my mentors, and it was so refreshing and motivating! I was able to listen to his PhD journey, how he did it, things he would've done differently, words of encouragement, the risks he took, the risks he didn't take....the list goes on and on. He honestly has stories for days, but he made it man...so there's hope! I left lunch with so much drive and motivation to keep pushing. Hopefully this fire lit under my a$$ will burn for a while -- I feel like I become complacent at times, and that's not good. But as I said in my last post, I see the light at the end of the tunnel, and even moreso after today.

Well it's getting late; I just finished working out in my gym not too long ago, but the bed is calling my name. Until next time...toodles.

Vonda B.

1 comment: