Tuesday, February 21, 2012

So you're trying to "holla" and you're 18??? I'm getting old :/

I had a late start this morning...was up until 3am completing and resubmitting my protocol for the IRB (Institutional Review Board). Once this finally gets approved, I can actually begin testing my robot on the little children, yay!!! I am convinced that the IRB hates me; this is about the 4th time that they have not approved my protocol, but I'm feeling lucky this time!

Anywho, I made it to campus pretty late, but just in time for class. Once on campus, I did my regular routine and talked to the security guard at the front desk of my research building. It seemed as if he was really anticipating his lunch break and said we should order pizza. I politely declined because I'm trying to eat healthier, but I suggested we go to Ray's pizza since they have a bomb grilled chicken salad that I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! So he gets his pizza and I get my salad and everyone's happy. Cool. So a little brief history..security guy and are are strictly friends, platonic, homies, etc. So long story short, we get to Ray's and I realize that he was interested in a little more than just the pizza/food being that all of a sudden he wasn't hungry. Then, to make matters worse...he has the nerve to tell me he's 18 and pulls out his little ID which says he was born in 1993. When I saw that, it was time to go: check please! Lol I can't/won't/don't speechless. I was feeling like R. Kelly in there...he was still wet behind his ears...might as well been rocking a little cradle. It would not have been bad at all if he wasn't interested, but the moment it changed from "strictly friends" to "I'm trying to holla," it was time to GO! Whew smh I guess I really am getting old. Wow. And that was pretty much my day.

I went and met the trainer for a quick workout at the gym, then hit BDubs with some people from Tech. Now I'm home about to knock out so that I can grind tomorrow.

Goodnight friends and fam :)

With love,

Vonda B.

1 comment: