Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Week Debrief

I should really update this more frequently since I have so much going on in my life right right now. Well how about we start with the present and work backwards.

So today I had the pleasure of assisting a good friend in the midst of a crisis!!! Glad I could be of assistance because Lord knows I would want someone to do the sane for me. In return, I get to doggie sit!!!! Yay, it's like a trial run before I get my own little yorkie/yorkie-poo. Sooooo excited!!! My little ol' apartment needed a more life anyway. In addition, today I woke up to the best, long awaited email ever!!!! The IRB finally approved my protocol (as I said they would in my post last week 2/21), which means I am able to being testing my robot math tutor on actual human subjects...bka children in the underserved community. One step closer to the prize, I'm soooo excited that this day has finally come!! Woot woot!! Well, that pretty much was today, although I have some work to knock out before I hit the sheets later tonight.

Yesterday was a typical Tuesday for me. Both of my classes are on Tuesday AND I actually went to both of them *pats self on back* :) After my academics were taken care of, I made my way to the gym for my personal training session with Shanrika. Very very cool trainer. She knows what she's talking about when it comes to getting in shape and she's very understanding of my crazy schedule/lifestyle as a grad student. We make a good team.

Monday I did a lot of work for my research and for [GT]2 (http://www.gtsquared.gatech.edu/). I have been so busy planning this symposium, that I actually forgot that I'm registered to present a poster....and it's next weekend! Ugh, well I guess that's plenty of time to throw a poster together right??? Well I have no choice but to make it happen; I've been known to work well under pressure #procrastination.

The weekend was a blur...Friday through Sunday. I chilled with friends Friday night, went out in the city Saturday night, and successfully blew my workout plan by eating terrible all weekend...I had an angus bacon cheeseburger from McDonald's Saturday night, General Tso Chicken Sunday Night, and FroYo with brownies and cookie dough Monday. I promise I usually don't eat like this. I try to stay away from fast food, pork, beef, and sweets....but I guess that's what stress will do to you. Nevertheless, I had a lot of fun this weekend with good company.

This upcoming weekend I'll be in the windy city Chicago!!!! I will be going to celebrate Jazze's 25th birthday (which was Monday 2/27). She gets a little jealous from time to time because I never mention her in my blogs; however, she does have a lot of impact on my day to day activities and accomplishments. Just yesterday I was doing some research on the economic effects of the achievement gap and this lady (Jazze) was on the Georgia Tech library website showing me how to use the psychology databases and telling me which ones had the best articles. Now that's what I call a great team!!! We operate on totally opposite ends of the spectrum (psychology-engineering), but at the end of the day we still balance each other out. Anywho, so I get a vaca for the weekend, and she gets to celebrate the first quarter of her life. Yay!!!

Well my eyes are getting heavy and I still need to knock some work out, so I'm signing off until next time.

Love always,

Vonda B.


3 comments:

  1. wish you were coming to visit me. hope you have fun. glad things are going well for you. you seem happy. wish I could say the same about myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are happy!!!! you're getting married in less than 3 months!!!!! :D And I will definitely come home to visit for that!! And I am happy:) I just have a lot of responsibilities on my plate right now

      Delete
  2. she is happy??! (does *so excite* dance) Yayyyyyy!!!! So AM I! (now that I got my shine time on your blog) lol Thankumzzzzz

    ReplyDelete