Monday, February 20, 2012

Hola chicas!!!! Its been roughly a week since I last checked in with you guys...and gals :) Can't forget about my ladies woot woot! Anywho, this past week was a bit rough for me. I promise, I always manage to be single on Valentine's Day, but I still managed to spend it with good people....and still receive a gift from my valentine hehehe :) I'm loved!!!

Sooooo I think I've decided that I will lock up my hair after a couple months of debate. I'm too lazy to do continue doing my own hair, but I'm finally beginning to see just how versatile locks can actually be. Initially, I was turned away from it because I was afraid that it would be too permanent. However, after a lot of research and advice from stylists and friends, I think I am finally convinced!!! I'm VERY nervous about this transition stage once again, but I feel as if it may be a little easier since I'm already natural.

As far as my physical training is concerned, I have managed to secure a personal trainer for the time being and she doing a great job working me out :) She had me feeling like a line backer pushing this sled of weights around the gym!!! I had to remind her that I didn't sign any liability waiver saying that I couldn't sue her tail if anything happened....I still ended up pushing those weights though lol. But she's great and I think it helps that she is Black female because she understands what I'm looking to achieve and my body's capabilities. White people, male and female (no offense to anyone), don't seem to grasp the fact that Black females are built differently than white/asian/hispanic females.

I've also been playing a little intramural basket ball at GT with BGSA (Black Graduate Student Association). We were able to secure a place in the palyoffs after our win last night :) I think I'm the only female playing in our league, but it's all good. They always underestimate me until I box their tail out and get the rebound....they can't handle the hips!!!! I need to find some other activities to participate in other than running 5Ks and basketball...I have to keep changing it up or else my body will become accustomed to the same old tricks. Thats why I REALLY need this zumba for my kinect...hint hint :)

Anyways, had an amazing time being semi-productive with Miss Dee Adams today. Ugh, don't know what I'd do without her in my life!!! Did a little GRE prep, had a mini photoshoot for her big 2-5 shindig coming up, got the nails did, oh and drove around aimlessly looking for a venue that was "closed" on Mondays. Smh, but nevertheless....GOOD TIMES!!!!

Anywho, I do have some work that I need to get to so I'm gonna hop to that and chit chat with you all another time.

With love,

Vonda B.

3 comments:

  1. glad you still had a good V-day anyway! Great news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. V
    I love reading your blogs! Keeps me up to date! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm trying to do better with keeping the ones I love informed <3

    ReplyDelete