Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Infamous Thursdays

My Thursdays are ALWAYS busy. I need to work on my time management skills. It never fails, I always have one HW assignment due at 8PM, personal training session at 8:30/9, and then another HW assignment due at midnight. I tell myself week after week that the same thing will not continue to happen; however, I keep falling into the trap of procrastination!!! I need to do better. Surprisingly, I still manage to get everything done. Idk what it is...I guess I just work well under pressure.

I had an interview this morning and it went very well. If all goes as planned, I will actually get to spend my first summer in ATL since I moved here. The only summer I've ever been in ATL was summer '08...great summer btw. Anywho, the position I interviewed for today was a tutor/mentor for youth in the underserved community. The purpose of this program (SLIDER) is to increase interest in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) fields by engaging the students with robotics. I am excited about this opportunity because it directly relates to what I'm currently doing, as well as, what I have a passion for doing in my future. The key words are underserved community, k-12 education/achievement gap, STEM fields, robotics, and teaching.

Well I need to get in the bed. I have yet another long day tomorrow...campus tours, focus groups, tutoring sessions, and human-subject testing...not to mention TGIF :) Let's see what trouble I can get into tomorrow.

Goodnight friends and fam <3

With love,

Vonda B.

No comments:

Post a Comment