Sunday, September 7, 2014

Much Needed Update

So I just skimmed my past few posts and I haven't updated you on quite a few things. Namely, my Pi Mile (5K) results from April (I know shameful it's been so long), an academic conference I attended last month, and my very first journal publication!!!

For starters, I finished my Pi Mile at my fastest time ever recorded -- 28:03!!! Woo-hoo!!! Look at me go!!! lol. And I'm proud to say that I have been keeping up with the cardio/running ever since. I am currently running approx. 20 miles a week -- 4 miles every morning before I go to campus Mon-Fri :)



Next, my paper was accepted into the IEEE International Symposium on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (RO-MAN) in Edinburgh, Scotland, UK!!! I was able to present my research in a poster session, as well as tour the city in my free time :) My work was well received by the community, and I was able to meet/network with some really cool people. 



Last but not least, I also secured an unexpected journal publication this summer!!! So after attending the ASEE conference in June, they extended an offer to also publish a longer version of my paper to their journal!!! It's scheduled to publish later this year (Oct-Dec). I'm so grateful.

I'm currently in the process of writing my Ph.D. proposal, so the next update I give will most likely be after the successful oral presentation this semester when I'll be an official Ph.D. Candidate!!

Alright, back to work I go...

God Bless,

FDB

1 comment:

  1. You didn't tell me about the journalllll! Congratssssss!

    ReplyDelete