Monday, July 6, 2015

Quench my thirst...

{found this poem I wrote last year, July 21, 2014, and I thought I'd share}

Maybe this is God's plan for my life, and I have been chosen to never wed.
Maybe there is supposed to be no one ever laying beside me in my bed.
Now that doesn't necessarily make me lonely because I love my "Me" time and personal space.
However, sometimes I have cravings...not even BOB can erase.

No, it's not only the physical touch that my body tends to yearn.
I want to grow with someone on a plethora of levels...spiritually being #1.
Let's start a business together; let's even build a house.
Let's travel the world together -- You. As. My. Spouse.

The only dilemma is, "you" are a figment of my imagination.
Lord, what have I done to deserve such condemnation.
"You" are an illusion...a fantasy...a mirage on a hot desert day.
So tempted to quench my thirst, but I'll die of dehydration before I ever let you fade away...

No comments:

Post a Comment